Blog on ESTA visa waiver news and updates

Do I need to apply for an ESTA if crossing the Canada border?

Published on: Nov 20, 2014, Last Edited:

If you fly to the United States and you are eligible to apply for an ESTA, this is often the best option. However, if you are crossing the border from Canada or Mexico, you will not require an ESTA visa. The ESTA is only required if you arrive by air or cruise ship.



Apply for ESTA

ESTA is a mandatory travel authorization for travelers visiting the United States either by Sea or Air for tourism, transit or business visits under 90 days.

Apply for ESTA