Do I need to apply for an ESTA if crossing the Canada border?

Published on: Nov 20, 2014, Last Edited:

Checkout the following video for information on ESTA and border crossings into the US.

Find out more about the I-94-W at

To start your online ESTA application go to


If you cross the border by land for the same trip that you would have made using an ESTA if you were arriving by air or cruise ship, you will be required to fill in the form I-94W. This is a form that you fill in at the crossing point (see here for a list of crossing points from Canada to the USA).

This is the same if you travel by ferry from Vancouver or Victoria to Washington state because these are treated as land borders.



Apply for ESTA

ESTA is a mandatory travel authorization for travelers visiting the United States either by Sea or Air for tourism, transit or business visits under 90 days.

Apply for ESTA

Latest Tweets